Race Rules for All Divisions:
- Participants should be clothed appropriately for this extreme athletic activity.
- Shoes are required. Shoes that cover the ankle are suggested as there will be genuine mud (not just muddy water) that will suck your shoes right off if they are not secured.
- All participants must wear their number bib where it can be clearly seen. Timing chips must be returned immediately after the race or participant will be charged $30.
- Jump feet first only! Never dive head first into any obstacle on the course.
- Listen and follow all of the directions of race officials and volunteers on the course. Anyone who does not follow directions may be asked to leave the event.
- Wait in line. No pushing! This is a race to each obstacle. This means that if there are any lines or backups at an obstacle, you must wait in the line until your turn. With that said, we have taken significant measures to eliminate the probability of lines at the obstacles. The obstacles and course have been designed to avoid backups. Additionally, the obstacle officials have been trained to close any obstacles that are causing large delays or become dangerous.
- Participants and Teammates are permitted to assist each other through obstacles. If you cannot complete an obstacle after making an attempt to complete it 3 times, you may go around
- No pets are allowed at the Kalamazoo Mud Run except for trained service dogs.
- No hostile contact or interference with other participants or teams.
- No profanity or lewd behavior, nudity or inappropriate attire. There will be kids as young as 6 years old running the race. Violators will be immediately removed from the race.
- Portable restrooms are provided at the parking lot and near the starting line. Relieving oneself in any way, anywhere else on the property of event is strictly prohibited!
- Supervise children when they are not participating in the event.
- The Mud Run will be video recorded and photographed. All participants agree to allow their image to be used for future promotions.
- Tailgating and alcohol are prohibited. Smoking is allowed only in designated areas.
- Medical personnel will be on-site and have the right to examine anyone who may need medical attention.
- Last, but not least, thank at least one volunteer for making this event possible.
Mud Run Rules for Competitive Category Only:
1.Team time will be determined by calculating the average of all team members' times. Teams do not have to stay together or cross the finish line together.
2. All participants must complete each obstacle. The runner must attempt an obstacle 3 times. If the runner has not successfully negotiated the obstacle after 3 attempts, the runner may go around the obstacle.
3. The timing official will resolve any timing issues. Timing problems and protests must be presented within 15 minutes of the unofficial results being posted in each race. Problems and protests presented after this period may not be addressed in time for the award ceremony.
4. Race officials reserve the right to alter any of these rules at any time due to safety concerns or fairness issues.